Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Introduced to the region at Dubai International Motor Show 2013, the Infiniti Q50 premium compact sedan brings distinctive design, engaging performance, world’s first technologies and unmatched levels of connectivity and personalization, including the brand’s first hybrid powertrain. The all-new Infiniti Q50is designed for a new generation of young, premium customers seeking Infiniti’s unique fusion of inspired performance and hospitality.
Taking many of its seductive styling cues from the Infiniti Essence concept, the Q50’s tight, athletic appearance blends low, wide proportions with excellent interior roominess to a class marked by unexciting design.
Inside, the Q50 interior offers a driver-centric cockpit with an array of premium comfort and convenience features. The new Infiniti InTouch™ communications system includes large dual touch-screen displays and puts communication with the outside world within easy reach, with integration of hands-free phone, moving map navigation, entertainment and smart phone apps in a way that is safe and easy-to-use while driving.
Infiniti’s sports sedan performance leadership continues with the new Q50, which is available with a choice of a refined 328-horsepower (est.) 3.7-liter V6 or new Q50 Hybrid featuring Infiniti’s Direct Response Hybrid System™ with Intelligent Dual Clutch Control, capable of reaching 100km/h from a standing start in 5.1 seconds. All models come equipped with a refined 7-speed automatic transmission with available solid magnesium paddle shifters. The Infiniti Drive Mode Selector with Eco, Standard, Sport and Custom settings is also standard on all models, part of the advanced customizable digital environment system that allows drivers to create unique settings for engine, transmission, handling and steering settings.
Two new world’s first production performance technologies make their debuts in the Q50– Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering™ technology and Active Lane Control™. The new steering system allows advanced control of the Q50’s tyre angle and steering inputs, transmitting the driver’s intentions to the wheels faster than a mechanical system. Four different steering settings are offered, allowing customization by driver preference or road conditions. The Active Lane Control™ uses a camera-based lane marker detection system to further enhance on-centre driving capability and improve vehicle straightability.
The 2014 Infiniti Q50 3.7-liter V6 and 3.5-liter Hybrid models will be available in rear-wheel drive and in a range of well-equipped models, including versions with special sport appearance and performance features with sport brakes and sport suspension tuning.
Highlights of the 2014 Infiniti Q50 include:
- Sensuous dynamic styling with unexpected spaciousness
- Low, wide proportions and tight, athletic stance
Infiniti signature “double arch” front grille, dynamic arch silhouette and Crescent-cut C-pillar
- Distinctive LED head lamps and lighting (headlights, fog lights and marker lights), LED rear combination lamps
- Advanced aerodynamic design with 0.26 coefficient of drag and zero front and rear lift concept
- Front engine/rear-wheel drive 3.7-liter aluminium-alloy DOHC 24-valve V6, rated at 328 horsepower (est.) and 360 Nm of torque (est.), featuring Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control (CVTCS) and Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL®)
- Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid with intelligent dual clutch control, combining 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminium-alloy V6 and compact laminated lithium-ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control; V6 rated at 302 horsepower (est.) and 349 Nm of torque (est.), advanced 50 kW electric motor rated at 67 horsepower (est.) and 290 Nm of torque (est.), Hybrid system net power: 360 horsepower (est.)
- 7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching and manual shift mode, Adaptive Shift Control
- Drive mode selector switch (Sport, Standard, ECO, Custom settings)
- 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension (front single pivot double-wishbone design/revised rear design) with extensive use of lightweight aluminium components and front and rear stabilizer bars
- Power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
- Available Direct Adaptive Steering™ technology for enhanced steering feel and personalized selection of steering effort and gear ratio
- 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution, Brake Assist
- Advanced Vehicle Dynamic Control with Active Trace Control for dynamic cornering ability
- Active Lane Control™ (utilizing world’s first Direct Adaptive Steering technology)
- Tyre-specific Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Driver-oriented layout and a console with warm, asymmetric design
- Ample knee, head and shoulder roominess
Easy rear ingress/egress provided by wide rear door openings
- Natural contour ergonomic-design front seats for enhanced comfort
- 60/40 split rear seat, rear centre armrest with trunk pass-through
- Kacchu aluminium interior trim on centre console, instrument panel and doors
- Next-generation Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with instrument panel three-speaker array (up to 14 total speakers), Advanced Staging Technology®
- Infiniti InTouch™ next-generation Human Machine Interface (HMI) with dual touchscreen displays and smart phone connectivity
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
Safety Shield Technologies
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor
- Front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- Traction control system (integrated with Vehicle Dynamic Control)
- High Beam Assist
On sale in the Middle East spring 2014